Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

Can anyone identify this archtop guitar?

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Can anyone identify this archtop guitar?

Hello everyone - [I may have originally posted this in the wrong place]

I've recently bought the arch top pictured below. It has a number 29857-658 stamped on the back of the headstock (pictured).

I think it's a Capri 5/53 but this one has no truss rod, so I wonder if it's an earlier iteration? The person who sold it to me suggested it was from 1955.

There is no label in the body of the guitar.

Thank you!
    Angehängte Dateien

No worries, Tom.
    You even posted in the right category the first time around. It's only a bit quiet here and not worth checking often. Here's a quote from somewhere: " Serial no on back of head started around 55. From around 57 year and month code was added" . On yours, which is as it left the factory I assume, the order of the date punches is reversed, which makes it a `'58 , month letter probably "G".
    Happy strumming!

Kommentar

Zitat von rain-air Beitrag anzeigen
      No worries, Tom.
      You even posted in the right category the first time around. It's only a bit quiet here and not worth checking often. Here's a quote from somewhere: " Serial no on back of head started around 55. From around 57 year and month code was added" . On yours, which is as it left the factory I assume, the order of the date punches is reversed, which makes it a `'58 , month letter probably "G".
      Happy strumming!
      Thank you so much - appreciated!

Tom

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X