Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Need help identifying year

Hello, I’m hoping someone here can help me. I recently inherited my stepfather‘s beloved, Framus Texan. He inherited it from his father, who sadly enough passed away while playing this guitar. My stepfather doesn’t know much about it and even with tips that i have found online I’m having a hard time identifying the year. Attached are photos of all the markings on the guitar.

Thanks in advance,

Dustin

Hi Dustin,

I'm very new to these guitars and was here to ask some questions myself. Nevertheless, I may have some info that can help. I've just spent several weeks restoring an old Dix 12 string and the label inside the sound hole had become unglued. Interestingly, beneath the label was a manufacturing date down to the exact day. I believe the serial numbers are of no use in determining the date. Up to you whether you want to maybe steam off the label and have a look to
    see what's beneath there. I just reattached mine carefully with a glue stick. By the way, EX refers to export, I discovered (as in for markets outside Germany).
    Framus Dix 12 String 1970

Kommentar

Dustin, looking at your label: there IS a date stamp, it is only not legible well It could well be a 72F, June 1972. Would be consistent with Müller's Signature as a stamp and the neck stamp (Have only seen them from solid bodies of the 70s yet, don't know when that started) and now wait: just when was the new model numbering system introduced? You can't be sure of anything...

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X