Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Help identifying this guitar!

Howdy! I came here in search of information regarding this (what I believe to be) Framus Texan Parlor.

It was my Great Uncle's guitar. He bought it while he was stationed in Germany during the Vietnam war. Sometime in the 1960s or 1970s.
    This guitar has been through a lot. It miraculously survived a house fire in Honduras, but as you can see, it suffered some damage in the process.
    But I believe that with some TLC this guitar can become playable again.

I want to know exactly what model it is, and roughly when it was made.
    Any information or advice you can provide regarding it's restoration would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to some pictures of the guitar https://imgur.com/a/UGaUkg6

Thank you! Also, Happy New Year from America!

Hallo.
    I had to look twice, but off course it's not a parlor, but Jumbo size guitar, which is also the model name. You don't see the ebony fretboard on Texan or Gaucho models.
    Doesn't look too bad (but I can't assess lacquer damage or cracks on my phone screen, but whatever happened to the nut slots? That piece may have to be replaced) .
    Frohes Neues Jahr from northern Germany!

Kommentar

• LijerM
      LijerM kommentierte
      Kommentar bearbeiten
      Thank you for responding!
      A jumbo? I will look into that!
      I'm not sure what happened to the nut slots. I will definitely replace them. Where could I go to find replacement parts?

No worries! While it's highly unlikely that one may find a replacement part like this a person skilled in metal work could make a new one. and maybe the old one is enough to keep strings in line. I now see that it's there where effects of heat show. But that's history that an object should be allowed to show...

Kommentar

Lädt...
    X