X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Pickups for Framus Strato 5/155

I'm wondering if you can help me.

I'm looking for parts for a Framus 5/155 "Strato 6". (https://www.framus-vintage.de/5-155-...0230-Strato-6/)

I acquired it as a teenager in the early 90s and it worked for a while but it needed a lot of work and investment which I couldn't give it at the time.

I packed up all the electrics in a bag with a view to restoring it at some point (when I grew up and got a job and had the money!). Unfortunately I have lost the bag of electrics in a house move at some point over the last 30 years!

Over the last 2 years I've managed to source original Framus parts (a bridge, pickguard, knobs, input jack etc) with great difficulty. So I'm just missing the pickups at this point and I am finding it very hard to source them.

I know the end product won't be worth much and I'll end up spending a lot more on parts/restoration than the guitar will be worth but it is for sentimental value and I just love the idea of brining something back to life. Also, my 12 year old daughter took up the guitar a couple of years ago so I would also love to pass it on to her.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,
    this story sounded familiar to me, so I looked it up over at offsetguitars. Can't seem to see the pictures but never mind. Great that you're making progress.
    Sorry I can't help you, other than suggesting you don't have to rely on the original part. Klira pickups from the period would be super cool (but equally hard to find I think). Black covered Jazzmaster PUs are ones that I would tolerate, well, it would hurt the pickguard, but it would play?
    Best,
    Rainer

Kommentar

Yes that was me over on offsetguitars! Made some progress thankfully.

My only concern with non original pickups is they might not fit in with the nice pickguard I got.

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X