X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Vintage Framus identification

Hi all!

A friend of mine has this guitar and we're trying to determine the exact model/year of this Framus.

He did find some markings that's pretty hard to read, Model 5180/59 (or similar) with serial number 59566 60M

Anyone?

I've found this guard but it doesn't specify the model: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...etal-267823748
    Zuletzt geändert von Ramhead; 22.03.2021, 14:43.

A cool design. Any chance to have a picture of the label inside (through the soundhole) or of the markings on the back of the headstock? It could be a special version of a Sorella 5/95 from December 1966 (66M) but I‘ve never seen this kind of string holder.

Kommentar

I'll ask him, thanks!

Kommentar

Here it is ( sorry for the crappy photo, he's using some ancient cell):

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 03.jpg
Ansichten: 393
Größe: 42,7 KB
ID: 231

Kommentar

It looks like President model but with additional pickups/guard. Did Framus sold separately pickguard/pickups?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Framus.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	233
          Zuletzt geändert von Ramhead; 22.03.2021, 14:52.

Kommentar

I think RamHead nailed it! It's a 5/80-59-52 Präsident Resonanz Electric, made between 1958 and 1960. I'm pretty sure... What a great model... Maybe your friend can send better pictures. This would perfectly fit the Framus photo gallery Just right there : https://www.framus-vintage.de/Medien...rie-Hochladen/ ^^

Kommentar

Wow, a 5/80 President from December 1960 (60M). Please more pics to private gallery!

Kommentar

I'll ask him, but he's using some ancient phone

Any idea what this guitar could fetch these days? He's thinking of selling it, we're in EU.

Kommentar

Good question, there aren‘t many Presidents around these days . But anywhere above 1.000 Euro would not surprise me...but that‘s just me.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X