X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Framus or franken-framus

Hello,

I am new to the group (and as a Framus player).
    I got this today... But can't find informations online. Do you recognise it? Or is just a franken-guitar?

Yeah, this is slightly odd. My best guess... oh, forget it!... it could be either a Japanese or Italian guitar (maybe have a look at fetishguitars.com?) I'm not too familiar with either one of them (looking at the basic hardware bits might give a clue) Best of luck!

Kommentar

Zitat von rain-air Beitrag anzeigen
      Yeah, this is slightly odd. My best guess... oh, forget it!... it could be either a Japanese or Italian guitar (maybe have a look at fetishguitars.com?) I'm not too familiar with either one of them (looking at the basic hardware bits might give a clue) Best of luck!
      Thank you for your answer! Yes, it might be an italian Gherson 335 style guitar with a framus neck and bridge.
      i almost like that combination, looks quite cool and plays acceptabily (just need to figure out all the knobs)

do you think I guessed?

Kommentar

I do think so! Well done. Now if you look at the adjustment nut for the truss rod you'll notice a big similarity, so it should be the neck that's original to the body, with a retrofitted decal. Probably only for continuity reasons? (not that Framus used to be in high esteem - at least not in Germany - and while other German manufacturers that had more experience in amps or solid bodies did rebrand Italian semi-hollowbody guitars I can't see that Framus did)
        BTW you do know that they were built in Franken?

Kommentar

Definitely a Gherson body, at least. I've got a '68 Les Paul copy and the neck plate is unmistakeable. Pickup surrounds are also the same, pretty strange ones. The guitar looks nice but could do with a nicer pickguard, in my opinion!

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X