Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

Need a lil help. Mothers Guitar. What production Year?

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Need a lil help. Mothers Guitar. What production Year?

Hello/Hallo,

i got this guitar from my mother who sadly died years ago.
    So i dont have any more information instead, that she played it as a kid.

Id like to know the production year or the modell.
    I wanna know if its worth restoration or just decorative.

Greetsings,
    Stefan

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: WhatsApp Image 2021-12-10 at 20.12.46.jpeg
Ansichten: 222
Größe: 57,8 KB
ID: 675

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: WhatsApp Image 2021-12-10 at 20.12.56.jpeg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 51,3 KB ID: 672

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: WhatsApp Image 2021-12-10 at 20.00.11.jpeg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 97,2 KB ID: 670
    Angehängte Dateien

Hi Stefan,

difficult to read, but I suggest May 62. What you can see on the label ist model no. 5/1 (=Amateur), the serial no. which gives no hint, the signature of the quality inspector Müller and year and month of built (62 E would indicate May of 1962!). The date is to be read yy and A = January, B = February, C = March ... .

Worth repairing? Hard to say. If it is playable i would suggest leave it as is. Otherwise it should not be too hard to correct the string height because of its bolt on neck. By the way - these guitar are built to be strung with steel strings, but take some light ones, maybe silk and steel...

Merry Christmas

Jürgen

Kommentar

Hello.
      Jürgen's observation is spot on. Just that it should be '72. It's definitively the late bridge style.

Kommentar

I think you can shim the neck to improve the neck angle and thus get better action (i.e. string height).

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X