Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• My Old Framus

I bought this from a guy at college in 1972. It was pretty beat up then and is more beat up now...
    it's been in a case in my attic for a long time, and I only recently discovered this forum so took it out.
    Points of interest from what I've read:
    Model 5/196 = a 6-string Texan
    There is no 'tested by' signature.
    There is no stamp for the year of production.
    There is no number stamped on the back of the headstock.

Photos attached.
    Were these production labeling omissions/inconsistencies normal?
    Any information would be welcomed.

It would need a lot of work to bring it back, but it might be a winter project... Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: IMG_5244.JPG
Ansichten: 547
Größe: 45,0 KB
ID: 520Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: IMG_5243.JPG
Ansichten: 474
Größe: 58,2 KB
ID: 521Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: IMG_5245.JPG
Ansichten: 485
Größe: 122,8 KB
ID: 522

Hello,
    Datestamps can be faded, so it's possible that there's something like 67B EX (for "Export", you're in the US?) that you might find if you play around a lot with Photoshop (or so).
    I'm only learning here and now that they were as inconsistent with necks on the acoustics as they were with electric models.
    Best of luck with the resurrection. Nice one!

Kommentar

Thanks rain-air. It's all very interesting. I agree the date stamp could well have faded. But I've had a good look at the label and there's no sign of anything ever having been there and simply faded away. I would have expected to see some remnant? Here's more of a close-up. Nor is there sign of a signature by the tester that has faded. And fading can't account for the odd lack of a serial number on the back of the headstock. But I don't think there's any doubt that it's an an original.
      It's fascinating stuff!
      Oh, and I'm in Scotland, and the original owner definitely bought it here new, so it was definitely exported to the UK.Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: framus label close up.JPG
Ansichten: 240
Größe: 65,8 KB
ID: 553

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X