X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Framus Tenor Archtop?

Hi,

I recently came across this archtop tenor guitar, and a couple of people that I know suggested that it might be from Framus? I can't find any markings except the transfer shown and a 'Made in Germany' stamp on the chrome string attachment (which may just refer to the chrome part, not the guitar). Any ideas on model or other possible makers are welcome...

Thanks!
    Paul

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 1830E0D7-3906-43F0-A6F3-AE246D218CAE.jpeg
Ansichten: 344
Größe: 73,5 KB
ID: 579Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: A91A58E6-4624-465A-B866-A5385AEC406B.jpeg
Ansichten: 352
Größe: 94,3 KB
ID: 580 It most certainly is not a Framus. About a year back, I bought this little beauty here in Germany, and had the same idea of it being a Framus. But a few people more knowledgeable about the Framus building history are absolutely sure that it’s not one. But it seems pretty obvious that these two were modeled after the quite popular Peter Krauss Tenor Guitar, built by Framus around 1960 for a few years. Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 181A4FF2-6805-41EB-B9F5-723CDD545450.jpeg
Ansichten: 350
Größe: 74,4 KB
ID: 577Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 94A3BDBD-A2C3-4A73-9E46-57C1CFB65C33.jpeg
Ansichten: 334
Größe: 77,6 KB
ID: 578

Kommentar

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: Fourstring8882.jpg
Ansichten: 340
Größe: 63,5 KB
ID: 582 Thanks for chiming in ! This one was discussed on euroguitars back in the day, but I don't think I've ever learned from where it was posted. So therer are examples here in Germany while "Fan Roy Tampico" sounds quite exotic. And I wondered if there was any certain player culture somewhere that used this instrument and its strange marker pattern.
      So I just stared holes into the fretboard of my baritone ukulele... could it be meant for an optional capo on fret 7? This would make the markers line up in, say, mandolin positions if it indeed is tuned as a Tenor. Now I really need to know the scale lenght!

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X