Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• 12-string

My Framus 12-string that I bought in the mid 60's. I have not found any information about it online. The only thing I have found are two pictures of David Bowie with the guitar. Does anyone know anything?

Hello,
    this guitar should be well documented in the framus-vintage files as 5/019 "Camping King" . It was made early in 1965 or earlier, later models use a floating bridge and tailpiece. I really miss mine, it's a fun little guitar.
    Then again... upon researching the Bowie connection; it might be a slightly upgraded model, as the electronics seem to be stock and there are no dot markers on the acoustic model. Interesting that the Bowie connection is not as well known as John Lennon's association with the "Hootenanny", the 12fret-version of Camping King.
    There's a big, sad story for me, as I eventually became aware that a later owner had my guitar converted to a Hootenanny, scrapping the top, which while not well selected, well, at least was a soundboard with history

Kommentar

I know, a necropost. But just adding that your guitar, like the Bowie model, dates to (or after) late 1965. The Camping King's original floating bridge/tailpiece setup was first changed to a fixed, moustache shaped bridge (around November 1965), then shortly thereafter (December) to a more standard type acoustic belly bridge, but with two 'points' at the back. At that time the fingerboard of these guitars became dots, as opposed to the earlier models.

Your guitar is identical to Bowie's (could it be the actual guitar?..:-)), and the onboard electronics are original (the electric versions had an E added to the model name, so yours is a 5/019E.

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: davidbowie-young.jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 115,9 KB ID: 1783
      Zuletzt geändert von keef; 23.06.2023, 12:29.

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X