Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Model name and year?

Greetings from a new member in UK, I recently received this guitar as a gift from the owner of over 70 years, I think it's maybe early 1950's, the white scratch plate should identify the model and the number on the back of the headstock is 4328. Any help in identifying the age and model would be very much appreciated, it is the original colour. I have ordered new machine tuners and re strung it, apart from the damage on the nut and a lot of neck relief it's in really good shape. I presume the set necks are not easy to rectify, regards

Welcome to the Forum. Any chance to post a legible picture of the label inside? It would make identifiying model and age much easier. If you check the back of the headstock again...maybe there’s another two digits-letter combination?

Kommentar

Hi shc, thank you for the response, I hope the pics are clear enough, the Headstock def only has four digits, the soundhole label has a mark at the top which may have been something once but it's not possible to read anymore? I trawled through the archive catalog and a few models share the string bracket and the neck/headstock is on a few models but the scratchplate is poss the key to the model, my friend seems to think it may have come from an Italian relative as a gift in early 1950's, but it was second hand then? I will keep searching, regards

Kommentar

That‘s an odd little fellow. I remember the pickguard from the Venetia 5/30 and the type of logo used inside points to the 50‘s but the green-golden finish...? No idea. Framus partly used different names in e.g. UK where a 5/3 Camping turned into 5/3 Ranger but if different colours where used, I can‘t say.

Kommentar

hi, from the vintage catalog it's close to: Junior, Camping and Sport, all very close spec, the teenager did have green as an option, I checked how to determine the serial number codes and they don't seem to apply so maybe it's an early issue, regardless of what it is I'm very pleased my friend has gifted it to me, I have found it seems to prefer to be tuned to lower than normal and open D or dadgad is great, thank you for interest, I am a Framus convert! ( I feel that 1 is not enough)

Kommentar

Welcome to the club and enjoy. Of course, one Framus is never enough .

Kommentar

I would say its a 50/1 Sport and the model must be a special version in green burst finish. The building year should be between 1955 to 1958.

Kommentar

oh that's great, thank you. I have been in contact with a great luthier I know and I hope to give it a good refurb, the nut and 0 fret have been damaged, the saddle is fairly shot, there's a small crack where the heel is starting to let go which is throwing the action high, so get these repaired and put the new tuning heads on and should be good for another 50 years.!

Kommentar

That‘s great news. Once it‘s done, please put some pictures into the private gallery here in the Forum.

Kommentar

Hello everyone! Greeting from the Yukon in Canada! I have a Framus 12-string that someone gave me in exchange for a few lessons. I was looking to find out more about it. The model number is hard to make out. The serial number is 3498. I'll attach pictures. I've almost got the guitar fixed up but the puzzling thing is that the slots in the saddle don't really line up to where the strings should be so am looking for a replacement part. Anyway, if you know anything, let me know...Hope you are well and looking forward to finding out more about this beautiful guitar!
                    ~Roxx~
                    Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 193235174_311071133999162_2189543253550744250_n.jpg
Ansichten: 809
Größe: 89,2 KB
ID: 338Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 196165869_783801555612820_4609583224875815000_n.jpg
Ansichten: 797
Größe: 55,4 KB
ID: 340
                    Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

Hi all, just added a couple of over due pics of the refurbed Green Guitar, My local guitar man done a great job making it playable again and cleaning it up, the tuners from Framus are great.

Kommentar

Hey, this is just beautiful! I didn't know that pickguards like this one were a thing.
                        Re: the gentleman from Canada - this is my assumption (which will probably never reach him): https://forum.framus-vintage.de/foru...024-hootenanny
                        But it's an interesting mix of features from Hootenanny (12fret-neck) and(which the label could read as well) 5/019 Camping King (less deco, pickguard). Didn't Framus sell bridge replacement some years ago? Off course one could replace the saddle with fresh fret wire, maybe wegde a thin piece of wood underneath if the top portion has sagged over time.
                        Cheers,
                        Rainer.

Kommentar

Zitat von Roxx Hunter Beitrag anzeigen
                          Hello everyone! Greeting from the Yukon in Canada! I have a Framus 12-string that someone gave me in exchange for a few lessons. I was looking to find out more about it. The model number is hard to make out. The serial number is 3498. I'll attach pictures. I've almost got the guitar fixed up but the puzzling thing is that the slots in the saddle don't really line up to where the strings should be so am looking for a replacement part. Anyway, if you know anything, let me know...Hope you are well and looking forward to finding out more about this beautiful guitar!
                          ~Roxx~
                          Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 193235174_311071133999162_2189543253550744250_n.jpg
Ansichten: 809
Größe: 89,2 KB
ID: 338Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: 196165869_783801555612820_4609583224875815000_n.jpg
Ansichten: 797
Größe: 55,4 KB
ID: 340
                          Two years later, but anyway... this guitar is a Framus 5/019 'Camping King'. Yours dates from January 1964 (I think I see an A stamped on the label, which means January). The original German manufacturer of the bridge is still making these (ask Warwick for details), but it seems with a saddle which is not wide enough for 12 strings.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                          X